Woohoo! We’re Hiring!
Have a bug to do something great? Are you entrepreneurial? Do you want to help people from around the world speak to each other easily, in their native language?
Perfect, you’re on the right page! SpeakLike is a cutting-edge Silicon Alley internet company that is a pioneer in providing on-demand, human translation. As you can imagine, the market for translation is growing rapidly and we’re experiencing surging client interest from around the world. We are excited to expand our team, and we would love you to be part of it!
Lead Java software Engineer
- Experience building large scale commercial web applications
- Strong Java skills including JSP and servlets, MySQL, Tomcat, Linux, Apache
- Experience working on large scale Java based web applications
- Knowledge of AJAX and AJAX frameworks is a plus
- Knowledge of DHTML, CSS, XML Parsing is a plus
- Degree in computer science
- Experience leading a small team of engineers
- Experience or interest in internationalization and localization
- Ability to work on-site at our New York City office is a big plus (unlimited coffee, of course)
- Open source development is a big plus
- Entrepreneurial, flexible, and easy to work with
- Must enjoy a fast paced, fun working environment
This is a paid position. Will discuss during interview.
Internet & Social Media Marketing
SpeakLike is seeking fall and winter interns to manage projects that strengthen SpeakLike’s business, enhance its brand recognition, and increase its bottom line. SpeakLike’s start-up environment provides the opportunity for interns to explore all facets of the organization, while specializing in one area: Internet & Social Media Marketing
SpeakLike engages in a suite of internet marketing activities. You will manage the implementation of our inbound marketing strategy on our website, our SEO and PPC campaigns and manage and help improve our conversion funnels.
You will also help manage the company Facebook and Twitter pages. This position offers you an incredible chance to gain a full understanding of state of the art online marketing practices and let’s you participate on all stages during implementation. You will work closely with product management, business development and the company’s executive team.
-Need to demonstrate a passion for being part of a highly innovative fast growth company and gaining hands-on experience in a startup environment.
- Not for the shy, task-oriented student. Interns will take leadership on projects and work with established professionals and highly motivated students alike.
- Has experience in online marketing, preferably in a start-up environment.
- Bachelors degree in progress or recently completed.
- Strong sense of urgency and comfort in a fast paced environment
- Ability to speak on the phone with a range of people, from college students to senior executives
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Organized, dedicated, outgoing, likeable
- Eager to take initiative
Location: Silicon Alley, New York (easily accessible by Subway)
Start date: September 1 to September 10 2010
Commitment: Minimum 10-14 hours per week
Compensation: Unpaid (Free coffee + potential for paid position at end of 14 week period)
At the office, you might see: